Over 10,00,000 students take IIT-JEE each year, but only a small percentile make it. The most essential step in cracking any competitive examination is to believe that you have it in you to realize your dream. With this perspective, as you prepare for IIT-JEE means you’ve won half the battle.
Now, let’s find out how to win the other half:
- Plan a study timetable. One of the challenges aspirants face is the problem of managing their time effectively. The best way to do this is to plan your study well in advance, and then to stick to the plan consistently. Pay judicious attention to the three subjects: Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics.
- Start with the basics. Take special care in ensuring that all your basics are clear. Focus on topics you have trouble with, and be persistent in getting the basics cleared for the same.
- Time yourself. This will help you be mindful of the time barrier. Every question that you attempt should be completed within the stipulated time.
- Practice self-reliance and never leave a question half-solved. Don’t jump to the solutions section before trying to get the right answer yourself a few times. This will teach you self-reliance, and help you with any problems you might have in the basic understanding of the question and concepts.
- Have a conceptual approach. While reading a question carefully before attempting is expected, it’s also important to look for the concept the question needs you to apply when attempting to solve it. This will help you understand the problem to be solved in a leveled and proper manner.
- Avoid burning the midnight oil. Our minds are the freshest after we sleep, and studies have shown that we retain information better when we study after a good night’s sleep. Rise at 6 AM and sleep at 11 PM. This will keep your brain activity at maximum in the mornings, and will help you on the day that you take the exam.
- Take 2 hours each day to do something you enjoy. Unwinding after long hours of studying is as important as regularity and consistency in preparation. Giving yourself time to relax with a hobby or sport of your choice will help you de-stress and avoid anxiety before the exam.
With these 7 steps, you’ll be better prepared to take the IIT-JEE exam. Do you have any personal favourite study hacks of your own? Share them with us in the comments. 🙂