It’s often said that knowledge is power, but in today’s world it has become a necessity.
In every economy across the globe, knowledge has become the most valuable commodity. People will get the best jobs if they are well educated no matter where they live or what they do. Every country is working towards developing their human resource and the foremost way to do that is by educating their population. It’s well understood that a flourishing career is more often backed by a rock-solid education. Our will to do well and make a name for ourselves is what makes us successful in life.
Now, let’s answer the question of why learning is a necessity:
- Learning is needed for many things, but most importantly, it gives an individual the power to think rationally, question, reason, and see beyond what’s in front of them.
- Humans are naturally curious and learning satisfies this curiosity.
- Learning has broadened our horizon and has given us a better understanding of the world. It provides the base for a civilized and structured society that the world needs.
- Education is the only thing that can reduce social and economic disparity, and allow real progress to happen. For developing countries, education is a means to alleviate poverty and achieve social change. Education is the first step to bring ourselves out of ignorance, poverty, oppression, and war.
- Ignorance can also prove to be dangerous when it comes to our health. People need education on preventive methods that protect them from diseases. Educated people are more aware of the symptoms and take better care of themselves and their family.
- Studies have shown that educated people have live longer because they tend to lead a healthier lifestyle. They understand the importance of making healthy choices for themselves.
- Education makes us confident. Our lives can be better planned, and find a more definitive direction. It also improves our problem-solving skills and equips us to handle everyday decisions.
- Education and learning are one of the main reasons for technical advancements in Science and Technology. It also helps us keep up with the latest technology.
- Educated people contribute positively and constructively to society, and even towards the environment. They understand the consequences of their choices and actions better.
- Studies show that children of educated parents have higher cognitive abilities as compared to children of uneducated parents.
History has, time and again, shown us that education has helped societies grow. Our lives are very different from what they were thousands of years ago. To realize the need for education we must study our past generations. It is important to understand the needs of the society and constantly strive to improve the education system for the future generations.
The sole purpose of learning is to empower our minds and soul, and to achieve the full potential of the human brain. Learning is very important, and is supported by imaginative thought. Learning makes us who we are. It helps us think, solve problems and come up with new ideas.